RE: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets

To: spridgets@autox.team.net . com>
Subject: RE: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:29:01 -0800 (PST)
--- "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com> wrote:
> ok, but nothing compares to the sprite for bang for
> the buck. except maybe a lotus or ginetta

My Lotus Esprit was actually a very wide car (42" high
at its highest point though!), and it took a lot of
experience to really toss it around.  Once I was
comfortable in the car, it was beyond anything I've
ever driven.  The car had the amazing quality of
seeming to shrink around you as you tossed it around.
And it rode like a Mercedes on the highway.  At
$22,000 for a 7 year old car with 21,000 miles, it was
a lot of bang for the buck.  However...I drove it
daily for 3 years, and when it finally went BANG, it
was a lot of bucks!  I still sold it for $18,000, so I
drove an Esprit for 20,000 miles for pennies on the
mile (except for the $47 oil filters x 6 and the $1400
radiator).  If I could only talk the Mrs. into another one...

=====
Ron Soave

"When you're married you'll understand the importance of fresh produce."
- T. Soprano