RE: Garage planning (long)

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g0OMOWb28790
Subject: RE: Garage planning (long)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:24:27 -0600
Comments?

Allen Hefner

I have a suggestion. As one that has worked in the cabinet industry for several
decades, I have learned this, we ususally let folks haul our trash for free.
This meaning, all of our 4' x 8' material comes in with what is refered to as
"cover sheets". It varies in thickness but is universal in uselessness. We pay
someone to haul off our pile every week. I have seen it as thin as 1/8" (wall
covering) and as thick as 1 1/4" with a nice black melamine coating (made a
great 13' countertop).
THUS, my suggestion to ALL listers, find your local cabinet builder. See if you
can purchase cheaply their cover sheets. It can be done, and save lots of
money. My new 3 car garage has a dirt floor. I am laying 4 x 8 sheets of OSB
down a little at a time. I have 6 so far, but I am not paying the $23 a sheet
for them, I get them off the pile........
Also, if you are doing a small project and need a couple of 2 x 4's, go to Home
Defect and ask where their reject cart is. I bought several 8' & 10' 2x4's the
other day (some were treated) for $3 because they were a bit warped or had some
wane on them. It was fine for my application. Be patient and the "We Tight"
mindset can work in many applications.

Brad