Re: Garage planning (long)

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Garage planning (long)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:33:43 -0500
Cc: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Brad has some good ideas but where are you going to buy your OSB?
At $23 a sheet, you must be buying genuine Oriental Septic Board!
I am paying $4.95 a sheet. I just put 24 sheets up on the walls in my garage.
As for 2x material, stop at any lumber yard, ask them if you can root thru their
"cull" lumber pile. They may charge you a buck a board but usually they are
happy
to give it away. It saves them from paying to dump it.

Don't forget to pre pipe for air outlets in all the right places.
I used 1/2" schedule 40 PVC, cheap, fast, and holds 600 PSI.
Make sure it is Schedule 40 NOT schedule 20. And NOT CPVC either.

Make an area for milk crate storage and plan on enough lighting and outlets.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ