Re: original or modified?

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: original or modified?
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 21:27:21 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/2/02 1:31:37 PM, cfchrist@earthlink.net writes:

<< with all this in mind i have given the local healey club a chance and have
paid my dues.   i'm a person with an open mind.     what will transpire?
i'm uncertain. >>

chuck

A lot of  people say there is a division between big and little, concours and
modified.  I haven't seen it in either the local club or in AHCA.  I've never
owned big Healeys, couldn't drive them if I had them, but wouldn't mind my
husband having a 100-4 if he  were so inclined.  That said my car is heavily
modified, so I don't fall into the concours group.  I worked closely with one
member to get his Concours sprite ready for judging--A lot of odd stuff on
mine is original--like buckles and straps.   We seem to get along as a group
just fine.  I don't feel that having only the Sprite causes me to get less
respect from anyone.  If it does, there are three others to take his place.
We have big Healeys with gold plated carb linkages,  a couple of concours
cars both big and little, and a few nasty-boys with really ridiculous
engines--we love em all.  Matter of fact I enjoy going out for  cruise nights
when I can and  looking at all the great "yankee craft" that has survived the
crushers.  It's a great hobby, we don't need to be snobs about it.  Hope your
experience  this time is positive.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)