Re: 1500 Weber and Timing

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Weber and Timing
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 14:14:14 -0500
According to Bentley, max mechanical advance for my '79 1500 is 13-19 degrees @
3300 rpm, with timing set at 2 deg. ATDC. I suppose that if you advance the
idle timing to 10 deg BTDC, then max advance would then be 25-31 degrees, close
to the 32-34 degrees mentioned. Does this make sense?

In that case, you could plug the vacuum retard unit, since it is my
understanding (from a post on the UK MG BBS) that it only retards the timing at
high manifold vacuum, which is at idle and at high rpm coasting. Sound right?

David, do you have your vacuum unit hooked up on your 1500?

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu
http://members.home.net/kvcbk/

From DLancer7676 at cs.com