Some LBC content

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Some LBC content
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:48:14 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Ok, here goes..after flying down Beltway 8, 85-90
miles an hour to get to Houston the "night before" I
actually had to be there, (for "co"-pilot ROB's
information.) I made a night of it..lol lol Might as
well not miss "anything" (in case I dont buy the
car!!!!) lol

Ok, now "LBC" content!!!!!!!

I will tell you what I saw and how I feel and you
guys can tell me what you think! DEAL?

First of all the car is a 72. The "new paint" job
is not so hot, even though its ok. There looks to
be some "rust" under the new paint job on the
passengers side door(some bubbling under the paint
where the car was "NOT" prepped properly).
The newly installed carpet
job was done very poorly. It looks pieced together.
Has a few cracks in the dash, the passenger side
window is cracked, the vinyl job done to the inside
of the doors etc. is poorly done, glue not sticking,
forgot to look under the carpet for rust on floor
board. The origional paint was the bright orangie
red "I LOVE" and it would look so much "classier"
that color and "IF" (and this is a BIG IF)I buy it,
It goes back to the BRIGHT ORANGIE RED
color,,,(APPEARANCES are IMPORTANT to blonde headed
Texans)

When you roll the window up on the drivers side, the
pane has scratches on it going up and down.
Speed Ometer doesnt work, this bothers me,,I am prone
to speeding tickets. First gear sounds horrible
till you get it into second gear, he says all midgets
do this...Is this true????

The seats have sheep skin covering on it because
the seats arent in that good of condition,
not real bad,,but you would definitely want to
keep the covers on until the heat comes this
summer and then you will want to rip those sheep
skin covers "completely off!" or you will have
them RING AND WET from SWEAT!! and YESSS women
do SWEAT in TEXAS in the summer...we do not perspire
but sweat,,this is not good!!! (makeup, hair etc!)

He has a box of pieces that go on the car, such
as the midget lettering, the front grill trim,
just odds and ends he hasn't finished putting back
on yet.The hose that brings some air flow inside
of the car was completely missing I noticed, dont
know if this is any concern.

Ok for some good news. He has replaced and bought
numerous new parts under the hood,,also has
a new gas tank and new muffler. Also has new tires
brand new matter of fact. He has had it 3 years
most of the time it has sat in the garage,,has only
put about 6 full tanks of gas in it in that time.
It was mainly a project for him of whenever he
could get to it. He would take his son out for
sunday drives once in a while in it..I mean it
really LOOKS good from a distance and it doesnt
look all that bad close up, you can just tell that
amatuers worked on it. Especially the
carpet job,,just down right ugly and patchie to
me...very obviously someone didnt know how to install
and its looks to me that it isnt even car carpet
but some type of something else,,,maybe from WAL-MART
sorry,,,little humor here.

ONE good thing,,he offered me the hard top "free"
and the towing bars. Also said he has a Moss Manual
I could have and just some stuff such as oil filters
adn oil and odds and ends of stuff he had gotten
for it and would let it go with the car.

He took me for a ride in it,,and it rode fine after
2nd gear, eventually air
conditioning or a BIG BLOW fan hanging from the
mirror instead of DICE would be nice!,,,lol lol
LOL LOL

So given these facts, year model(30 years old)
and from what I told you about all the new parts
and all,,,with what he is willing to let go
with the car,,,hard top, tow bars...etc...what
do you think???

I kNOW without actually seeing the car yourself
you cannot really give me a DEFINITE opionion..
but taking this into account,,,just some
suggestions would be fine with me..ok!

Any and ALL suggestions are welcomed!!!

Also thank all of you who gave me some IMPUT
while I was away from the computer and gone!( and
couldnt read it till I got home...lol, its ok its
not ya's fault!)))

Capn Bob was so gracious to try blindly (my fault)
to "quickly" get some imput to help me out,but
I left too soon and didnt get to read any of it
before I was off and FLYING!!!(on wheels that is)!

And for the "OTHER" comments about women,,,well,,
it will be a MYSTERY till the day ALL of you men
are dead and gone..lollollol

Anyway,,I want to take this time to "THANK ALL OF YOU"
who cared enough to take your time to do this
for me..I GREATLY APPRECIATE you all!!!!

Now "feedback" is greatly appreciated and needed,
before Monday,,I told him I would try to give him
an answer,,then again it may take longer,,I
really do need to think adn to pray about this..:)

Then again if any of you know of anything since
FRIDAY that is for sell or needs a good home
and is in EXCELLANT condition for "cheap" that would
be needed info also..lol :)

Thank you all again!!!!!
Bree
P.S. if any one wants to see a pic of the car let
me know and I can email you a pic.:)
http://sports.yahoo.com