Re: Me, Again

To: "Beverly Cleary" <bcleary@awod.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Me, Again
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:55:53 -0800
Bev,

You probably just had condensation under the cap and needed to dry it out.

Firing order is 1,3,4,2, but you need to figure out which is #1 on the cap
first. The rotor turns counter-clock wise and if the distributer drive gear
is installed in the right clock position, I believe that the rotor will be
at around 4 o'clock for number one. The way to check is to put piston
number 1 at top dead center on the compression stroke. To do this, remove
the cap (so the car won't start accidentally) and remove number 1 spark
plug. Bump the engine over with your thumb or finger over the # 1 spark
plug hole. (CAUTION: Make sure to keep your hands, tools and any loose
objects clear of the fan, alternator, and fan belt) You will feel pressure
escaping in the compression stroke. Make sure the piston is at the top of
the cylinder and look where the rotor is pointing. That's where # 1 spark
wire goes in the cap. Add the rest in counter-clockwise order.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints