Re: Fw: Making Windows go up and down

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Making Windows go up and down
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:18:10 -0600 (CST)
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
Well, I'm not out to pick a fight, but if you're going to play the
semantic game, I can't help commenting.

Frank didn't say that WD-40 didn't penetrate.  (After all, any fluid
with a low enough viscosity penetrates, or wicks into a small space by
capillary action.)

Frank said that it wasn't a penetrating >oil<.  And it isn't.  In
fact, if you go to the "Product Info" page on their webiste, the word
"oil" doesn't appear.  It doesn't appear on the can, either.

Because it isn't a penetrating oil.  It is a hydrophobic chemical
solvent with a lower viscosity than water.  It does many good and
useful things, but it isn't a penetrating oil.  It was intended as a
water dispersant for finely machined parts during production.  That's
what the name means, by the way "Water Dispersant - 40th formulation".

If the company itself won't call it an oil (because it isn't), how can
you say that it is "legally a penetrating oil"?