1979 Spit forsale

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1979 Spit forsale
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:59:50 -0800 (PST)
Fellow Listers  FWIW, On the way home today I spotted a 1979 Spitfire for sale
at a local shine and sell car lot. (Oak Ridge Tennessee) A good 10 footer.
Looks about to be between a 2 and 3 on the collector mag scale.  I did not have
time but to drive it.  It was blowing in a cold rain and the bonehead kid at
the lot said he could not find the key or the hood latch  ;-).  Anyways, the OD
shows 59K, the car is red (fair re-spray), seems to have been kept in the dry,
no noticeable body rot. Rubber bumpers have "magic black" crap on them.      R
R fender has a wrinkle, Carpet is worn, seats are covered in cheap covers and
dog hair. Radio and speakers are gone. Top is serviceable (maybe), tires are
worn about half way. I was told it ran real well when they took it off the
trailer Sunday. The asking price is at $5995.  I can't find my price guide, and
without driving it I have no freakin idear what its worth.  Any guess out
there?   If you are interested I can send you the phone number for the lot.  I
have no monetary interest in the car lot or the vehicle.

Lon / RedMidget