Re: Timing and Temperature

To: Larry Macy <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing and Temperature
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:55:57 -0700
The early and later mechanical gauges are calibrated identically, except the
later gauges have N for normal instead of degree increments. Here are the
corresponding temps from a gauge that reads in degrees:  At cold, the needle
begins reading from 90 degrees  When the needle is perpendicular and
pointing at the N directly, the car is 185 degrees.  The beginning of the
solid white "H" area of the gauge the temp is 212.  When the needle is
pegged, it is 230 or above. All fareinheight, of course.
David Riker
63 Falcon
70 Torino
74 Midget