Re: Wheel Cylinder "C" clip

To: djmac <djmac@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Wheel Cylinder "C" clip
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:29:31 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
djmac wrote:

>  Is there a special way that the "C" clip has to go on?

Throw them out, pick up the correct size JC clips from any hardware
store and (with the original type clips) use the paper gasket.
Yes some listers can get them on with little or no trouble.
I have fought with them many times, maybe once or twice out of 12 I
managed to make those E clips work. Now I save the old clips or buy new
ones like the old.
The new style clips must be somebodys idea of a joke. A classic example
of some engineer who never tried what he designed. The clip will work
great if you hold the w/cyl in your hand and snap the clip on. (as
designed)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ