bugeye on vacation

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: bugeye on vacation
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:02:30 -0700
The turbo bugeye had a great week up in the Sierra north of Tahoe again this
year.  I was a little concerned about a small seep of coolant at the front
corner of the head beneath the thermostat housing, but it sealed itself up
and gave no trouble for the week.

I tore off the right mounting clete for the sway bar while whuppin a Honda
on the way up Hwy.49 near Downieville, but a shop in Quincy welded it up
nicely on one of our day trips away from the cabin.  While my wife emptied
the Quincy yarn store, I stopped by the home of Sierra Speciality Automotive
to see where my master cylinder was re-sleeved.  The gentleman who runs the
business out of his home was happy to see one of the cars that is beholding
to him.  Still not a drop of leakage! (plug for a good guy doing a good
job).

The mountain roads were great as always, and the turbo gave plenty of pull
in 4th up the mountain grades.  NO overheating problems even when pulling
hard up a multi-mile grade at 70mph on a 80deg day at 4000-6000 feet
altitude.

The kids at the lake had a field day around the car and had their pictures
taken sitlling in bugsy.  A 10 year old girl told her daddy she wanted a car
"just like this one" when she got old enough to drive.

Now I'm contemplating taking it down for a while to pretty up the engine
compartment, put on the forward hinge bonnet kit, sew up some new upholstery
for the seats and whatever else I can think of to fill up a month of
evenings.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye