Re: bugeye on vacation

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bugeye on vacation
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:40:36 -0700
Thankfully, no.  The PO built the custoim manifold and installed the turbo.
I've spent my money and time improving the set-up (carburetion, cooling,
ignition) and restoration of all the things he found un-important (paint,
interior, suspension, brakes).  If I totalled up the costs, it would
definitely be offset by the tremendous payback in pure unalloyed fun.  The
look on that Honda driver's face when I pulled by him in the uphill passing
lane on Highway 49 with the motor at 6K showing 5lbs of boost was worth
plenty.  Using the motor and  the superior Sprite P/W ratio and suspension
to drop him out of sight in the next mile was, as they say, priceless.  I've
noticed, as most of you have, that anyone who shows brake lights in the
hilly curves is easy pickings for a Spridget.

My wife and I have a deal.  I never comment on her massive yarn supply and
she never gives me any poop about car parts.  Neither of us EVER totals the
cost.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye