Fw: Axle shafts.

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Axle shafts.
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 02:01:23 -0500
>From the midwest: If the spline shows any twist, replace it. The metal has
been damaged. You can twist them back as Chuck suggests but you are flirting
with a broken axle any way you look at it. The twist is not in the splined
portion, it is just past where the splines stop. Therefore it is possible to
re-install without a BFH...

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1978 Midget "Drippy" (How's that for a name?)
1976 Midget "Boneyard" (Now becoming a piece of eBay history!)

Subject: Fwd: Axle shafts.

> There seems to a difference of opinion between my East Coast and West
Coast