Re: The Gun debate no LBC (long)

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: The Gun debate no LBC (long)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:46:26 -0600
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
David Lieb wrote:

> <That is why Jesus used analogy (parables) in much of his teaching.>
>
> I am flattered you placed my Spridget anology in such high regard <BG>!!!

> <I do not at this time own a gun. I am a lousy hunter (but not vegetarian,
> thanks to grocery stores), but eating meat requires death; you are killing
> cows by eating beef just as surely as if you were shooting Bambi.>

I, on the other hand, own a gun (.303 BRITISH Jungle Carbine) and despite being
vegetarian, I am a terrific hunter. I do not kill merely for the rack. I PAY to
have the meat processed and I give it out as gifts to my employees that have
been
a great asset to me throughout the year. By doing this, the deer does not die
just for the head (as I have seen MANY hunters do) and my employees are happy
that I have gone deer hunting (maybe just the fact that I am gone could be it?)

> <If you look at that second amendment in light of the intent of it, it was
> not merely granting people the right to hunt, it was preserving the right of
> revolution. They had just won their way out from under what they considered
> to be an unjust rule by virtue of the fact that they had guns; that was
> their ultimate "check and balance".>

I would like to recommend that anyone with an interest in music, look up a CD by
a group called Queensryche "Operation Mindcrime", there is a song in it called
Revolution Calling, and another called Speak. Give them a listen, use KaZaA if
you want the easy way. Even in 1988, this message was clear, they were seeing
the
change in our society..........