Re: RHD/LHD conversion

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: RHD/LHD conversion
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:25:55 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
David Lieb wrote:

> > do not forget new headlights!  due to the specific RH  or LH focus of the
> > lights!
>
> That's strange, I don't recall ever having bought handed bulbs for my cars,
> the bulbs don't seem to care which side of the car they will be on...

Oh, that's funny!!  Actually, on LHD cars, they have what is known as "Dip
right"
headlamps.  When you go from high beam to low, the lows are then spotted to the
right as compared to the highs.  That way on low, it is away from the center,
towards the ditch to keep out of the eyes of oncoming drivers.

It's just the opposite for cars driven on the left side of the road.

Later, Paul A