nice day for a push

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: nice day for a push
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:54:37 -0800 (PST)
Alright my little braniacs I need your help.  My car won't start, on it's own.
Push starting it works just fine.  Last week I took the starter out, had it
tested at my local NAPA, and after it tested fine noticed that the pinion and
barrel (part 17 on page 177 of the beloved Haynes manual) stuck a bit.  So it
was oiled with some graphite oil, and it worked great until this morning.
Since jump starting it didn't seem to do any good I'm guessing that the
generator isn't the problem. I haven't torn back into it yet to see whether or
not the pinion and barrel is sticking again, but I made sure before I put it in
the other day that it worked really well.  The engine doesn't even turn over
when I try to start it either, if that helps, and the clutch seems to be
working fine.  I can't figure out what else it could be, but does anyone have
any great suggestions?

TIA

Trisha
'59 Bugeye