Re: [Fwd: Re: need cylinder head]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: need cylinder head]
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:26:06 -0500
Cc: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, Spridgets@autox.team.net
David Lieb wrote:

> I agree. On the other hand, I would appreciate a good reliable and
> affordable place where I could send a head from one of my cars to get
> re-worked and/or unleaded-readied and know that it was not the first
> A-Series head the guy had seen and that I would be getting back the same
> head that I had sent in. Something similar to the service that Peter C
> offers for shocks. Not having needed this service yet, I do not know what a
> reasonable price would be.

I would suggest that you speak with other gear heads in your area, and find a
local shop of good repute. Photocopy your manual to cover the areas of interest
to the machinist. NEVER LEAVE YOUR ORIGINAL MANUAL!!! If you are doing a head,
chances are, you may later need to turn a crank, vat and bore a block. Develop a
relationship with a local guy. Ebay is not known for it's plethora of honest
vendors. Don't get me wrong, I have only been screwed once, but there are folks
out there that will send you garbage. Hell, you never know, instead of getting
your head back from the shop, you could end up with "something completely
different" *, say, like, little boys pants!!! From Michael Jackson's House!!
Brad
* = Monty Python content.