Bugeye Conversion Question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye Conversion Question
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:31:04 EDT
Hi All,

I own a 1960 Bugeye with a 948, a rib case box, and front drum brakes. I have
the opportunity to buy a clapped out 74 Midget with a pretty good running
1275. I've always wanted to switch to a 1275 with front disc brakes. I've been
wondering however, what else in the way of mechanicals should I consider
swapping over to the Sprite to enhance it's general performance. The other
option I
have is to simply buy a used 1275 and front disc brake set-up and avoid dealing
with the dis-mantling part of the equation.

If I get the Midget and strip out what I want to save, I will be either
parting out the remainder or will sell the car as a whole, minus the engine,
gearbox etc. What kind of market is there for this?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I'd appreciate whatever opinions
you may want to share.

Howard Collins
Va. Bch., Va.
60' AH Bugeye