Re: Selling???

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Selling???
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:06:25 -0700
With all this talk of selling, I have been faced with the dilemma of
funding my BN2 restoration.  It is going to cost upwards of $30,000 to
do correctly to 100M specifications.  At the same time I am looking to
buy a new larger home with a larger garage, of course.  I need to find
some money somewhere and selling my award winning Bugeye would certainly
provide a large portion of the funds.  My wife would go into siezure if
I told her I needed that kind of money right now while we are house
hunting.  I have been toying with this idea just as Gerard is finishing
up a 1275 for me.  As Peter says, I will be looking for another Bugeye
to install this motor and a Datsun 5 speed in as soon as the BN2 is
finished.  I took the Bugeye for a drive last night after fixing the
dashpot plunger that came apart in the rear SU carb.  It was a lot of
fun.  It took me several years to restore this car and I have met many
wonderful and generous folks at meets and on this list.  I don't think
I'll be able to say the same thing during the BN2 restoration.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite (for my sanity)
02 FLSTS (for my badboy weekends)
00 F-150 (to haul parts and dead vehicles with)
89 Nissan Sentra (just to commute and save gas)