Re: Selling????

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Selling????
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:18:17 -0500
> Bud, and his best friend "get it".

I agree that the Spridget is a lot more fun to drive at legal speeds than
most cars. There is a sense of accomplishment driving a Spridget at 70mph
that you just don't get in a GTI (or most anything else for that matter).
On the other hand, as a not-very-competent autox driver at an autox laid out
in favor of the supercharged and turbocharged Miatas in the Windy City Miata
Club (horsepower over handling), it was a lot more fun knowing that 40% of
the other cars were slower than my GTI than that 11% of them were slower
than me in my Midget. It is more fun in the Midget, but less embarrassing in
the GTi. If I had the money to build one like the Cap'n's ...
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget with wires
1973 RWA Midget Project
1974 RWA Midget retired warrior
1974 RWA Midget parts car
1970 SWA Midget buncha parts flying in close formation
2002 GTI VR6 for no apparent reason