Re: weird electrical

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: weird electrical
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:06:52 -0400
Joe,

My '61 MKII will do the same after sitting between car shows.  What I need
to do is rotate the starter motor shaft a few turns and then it will work.
What happens is that the communtator must get a film of copper corrison on
it, just enough for the brushes not to make contact.  A turn or two of the
square shaft end of the starter does the trick.  Your coil being hot could
just be from the ignition being in the on position while you are checking
things out.  Your battery should be reading 12+ volts for a fully charged
battery.  Hope this helps.

Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye 'Kermit'
'61 Sprite 'Ole Gray' in "The Healey Book"
'71 Midget 'Freebie' under restoration
http://sprites2.homestead.com/