Re: GPS Questions - No LBC

To: "Rick Fisk" <refisk@chartermi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GPS Questions - No LBC
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:47:31 -0500
I have a terrible sense of direction too:  heck I got lost on my flight check
ride!!!!!  (Capn' Bob's gonna LOVE that!).  But a GPS without a map database is
worthless; you aren't going to want to enter coordinates!!  I haven't seen any
of the new handhelds, but some of the older ones didn't have maps.  Make sure,
of course, to get one that has maps that you can use, too.  A road map ain't
much good in the woods, and a topo ain't much good on the road.

I did rent a car last year that had a talking GPS map.  You entered in your
destination and it told you what to do.  It worked great, but the voice was a
very annoying female voice, and it actually got agitated sounding when I made
wrong turns!!!  Croikey, it was like driving with me wife!!!   Did I just say
that?

Geoff "WrongWay" Branch