Re: Snow and Ice and Salt

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Snow and Ice and Salt
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:53:49 -0600
> Well....when there's no one else around
> and you can see where you are going....
> what the hell!! :):)

Around here it is a question of when you can get all of the Stupid Useless
Vehicles out of the way so the rest of us can get to work. People seem to
think that having 4-wheel-drive means that no one else should ever get past
you. In reality, as Tom Bodet once said, "4-wheel-drive means that when you
get stuck, no one is going to happen by to help you out."

> ...something very wrong
> with all of this. Hillary Clinton saw it
> coming when husband Bill began his
> first term. She got blocked at every turn
> trying to do something about this....
> our system has become a just another
> of our "corporate" scams to one extent
> or another I am afraid.

Unfortunately, her "something about this" would have been an unmitigated
disaster. We need to fix the abuses before we start throwing government
money at it. Implement some caps on mal-practice awards; start caring about
all of those un-incurred charges the hospital threw on; stop clogging the
court system with frivolous lawsuits. Creating "national healthcare" out of
the current chaos would do nothing except triple your taxes and make it
virtually impossible to get decent healthcare.
David Lieb
That ought to stir somebody up!