Snow and Ice and Salt

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Snow and Ice and Salt
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:44:56 -0500
Best bet I've found to counteract the salt is Corrosion-X.  Available at
many local hardware stores in 2 weights - thin (a little heavier than WD40)
& jelly-like thick.  Either one is designed to creep into cracks & crevasses
& displace water & anything corrosive that it carries.  Used some on the MGB
today in prep for driving to work tomorrow in whatever is left of this white
stuff.

Speaking of salt - I lived in southeast Michigan for 2 years at a time when
I was jogging - before the skiing-injured knee got too painful.  The first
Spring as the snow was melting I realized that those weren't piles of snow
along Adams Road, they were piles of salt.  Only then did I learn that
Detroit is built over a vast salt mine.  And, they use it liberally.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB
'59 Turner