Re: Snow and Ice and Salt

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Snow and Ice and Salt
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 16:09:33 -0500
The same situation exists here in mid-Michigan.  Millions of tons of salt
are used on the roads every winter.  The need for salt is due to the weather
on the typical winter day.  The temp rises above freezing during the
daylight hours and the snow and ice melts.  Then when the sun goes down so
does the temp and all that melted stuff freezes up again.

Because of the salt use a lot of people here have summer cars and winter
cars.  The local farmers like it because they make money during the winter
storing summer cars in their barns and equipment sheds.

Rick
(two cars stored for the winter)