Re: What makes a good snow car?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What makes a good snow car?
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 18:15:14 -0800 (PST)
--- David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
> Useless Vehicles. SUVs do ok in snow, as long as
> they do not try to go too
> fast;

T'sgiving weekend, stuck in a feak storm on I-90
between Albany and Syracuse NY, I and several undred
others were following a snowplow at 30 MPH.
Expedition passes us at 55 or so in LH lane.  300
yards up the road, he was in a ditch upside down.

Best snow car I ever had was girlfriend-turned-wife's
Ford Festiva, FWD, 12" pizza cutter tires, many trips
in New Mexicao and Colorado to ski mountains in awful
conditions.

=====
Ron Soave

"Chi spende meno spende piu."