Re: What makes a good snow car?

To: spritenut@exit109.com
Subject: Re: What makes a good snow car?
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:28:22 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Good snow cars should have skinny tires, relatively low weight and low center
of gravity, weight over the drive axle, a manual tranny and NO ABS.  Snow
tires can make a huge difference.  Contrary to popular belief, SUVs are not the
best setup for snow traction -- all that weight works against you in every area
except forward traction.  Harder to stop, harder to change direction and
floppy with all that weight up high -- downright dangerous in the hands of a
headstrong driver who equates off-road traction with snow and ice traction.

Best snow car I ever had: 90 Subaru Legacy AWD wagon.  Not an Outback, just a
regular little awd wagon.  Perfect for the snow.

Chris Eck
No LBCs
99 M Roadster (probably the worst snow car ever)