Midget vin number question

To: "Spridget List " <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget vin number question
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:22:59 -0600
Hi All,
My car is a Mark 1 Midget...GANIL15988.  Should the title VIN number show
GAN1L or GANIL?  When looking at the makers plate the fist"eye" or "one"
clearly doesn't look the same as the other number "1" in the serial number.
It's just a straight vertical line without the little squiqle normally at the
top of a "1" nor does it have the top and bottom horizontal lines from a
capital "I".  So what should be on the title, an "eye" or a "one"?  Is the
designation for Mark 1 represented as a roman numeral on the title or
registration?
Thanks, Matt