Re: FOT Project Pulley

To: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>,"Larry Young" <cartravel@pobox.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FOT Project Pulley
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:41:49 -0600
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
I've never had anything but a stock radiator, and I wouldn't trust them at higher pressures. I have been running pretty standard stuff, Hepolite pistons, and have not had any #4 problems. I have always run the heater pipe around to the back of the head per Ken Gilanders advice. I did get a little water in the overflow bottle after each race. Larry has a big aluminum radiator and he was experiencing water in the oil. No doubt that better sealing of the figure 8's and head gasket oil interfaces would be in order, but a simple reduction in water pressure reduced the risk of sending water into the oil. At least I think that worked for Larry, but I'd better let him answer himself. Larry is bumping up his engine program, and I think he had forged pistons last time around. I don't know if he has torn that engine down to see if he has anything to worry about. In the meantime, I listening and learning as I will be going for more HP soon.
Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>