What's the best way to reassemble a bare Sprite body?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's the best way to reassemble a bare Sprite body?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:07:56 -0600
If given this set of circumstances, what are the opinions on the most logical
way to proceed?
Body is bare except the rear axle is in place. Absolutely bare and painted,
body panels all painted but off the car. Body in garage, front end on stands.
Engine/transmission all done, engine not totally reassembled, but close, all
the "accesory" items (starter, generator, water pump, etc) all present and
essentially ready to go on, I have a new clutch and slave cylinder and other
parts needed.
Front end components are all done and in fact were installed once until I
really decided the whole body should be painted, the the front end can be
reinstalled at any opportune moment. I can see the sense in getting it on 4
wheels to make it easier to work on (roll around, which of course means
"tires" will be probably needed at some point, tires are all dry rotted, won't
hold air for more than a day or two). Of course the brake lines are removed
too, and I have them here as well (new set to bend). Master cylinder is being
rebored at this time, the brake system will need to at least have the
hydraulics all attended to, system was all disconnected and left in the
elements. New wiring being picked up today (BW).
I've almost convinced myself that I should concentrate on the non-engine stuff
first, to make it a rolling/stopping chassis before proceeding with the
engine/driveline/electrical stuff, so in otherwords the front suspension,
tires, master cylinder, lines, brakes; then engine and driveline, wire it up,
radiator and stuff like that, then dash, gauges, interior, install body
panels.
Sorry for the lengthy post, any comments appreciated, I'm sure lots of those
on the list have faced this before.

Dan