Re: Bushings for radius arm

To: Kid Vid <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Bushings for radius arm
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 18:16:36 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Kid Vid wrote:

> I ordered badly needed bushings for my radius arms on
> a 62 MkII from M**s. They are too large to fit the
> holes in the arm.

Did you get the old outer metal bushing parts out of the arms?
Or did you just get the center rubber out leaving the outer rim?
Be carefull using a big hammer on the radius arms, they bend.
Ask me how I know?
Heat and beat using a suitable drift (correct size socket wrench)
Not too big, but just enough to fit the metal rim of the old bushing.
Or sawzall them out carefully.
Stick the new bushings in the freezer overnight. heat the radius arm and
tap in the frozen bushings.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ