Recommeded gearbox and rear oil for 1275

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Recommeded gearbox and rear oil for 1275
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 19:14:41 -0400 reply-type=original
My manual says to use 20/50 oil in the ribcase and 90 in the rear and
steering rack.  Is this what you guys/gals are using?  Its all set to go
after a lot of winter odds and ends work.  Before I set it down I may as
well do the fluids.

Do you stay away from oil with detergents.

Is it bad to fill the steering rack at the top by removing the bolt or does
it need to be done through the zerk fitting?

Thanks a lot.  Now if the weather cooperates.

Phil Nase
http://home.ptd.net/~nase