Re: First Visit to Harbor Freight

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First Visit to Harbor Freight
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 22:46:15 -0500 reply-type=original with any abuse report
Not to make you feel bad, especially since I got that jack at the same $12x
price, but it has sold there for as low as $80 if you catch it in the right
mood. I like mine; it is particularly convenient to throw into the boot for
the sake of putting the A008's on at the autocross. However, it is not
nearly so good of a jack as my old Craftsman 1.5 ton. A darn sight lighter,
but harder to pump and I will never trust it half as much.

Speaking of cheap tools, I would like to find a decent cigar-lighter-powered
pump that is capable of pumping four to eight tires up to 40psi in a timely
manner without croaking. It would also be nice if it lasted a couple of
years and cost less than a new set of tires ;-) Cheap ones are easy to find,
but most start gasping at 35psi, despite extravagant claims of 200+psi. Most
of them also die rather quickly. Yes, I know, I would be better off with an
air tank, but I have to run some 220 out to the garage first.
David Lieb
1972 Blue