Re: [midgetsprite] Travel Plans-Anything going on?

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Travel Plans-Anything going on?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 05:54:34 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/8/05 10:41:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cciaffone@earthlink.net writes:
> While yr in Leyburn, enjoying the Black Sheep from
> Masham, check out a small brewery/pub just south
> of Leyburn -- can't remember the name, maybe the
> Wensleydale Brewery in Carleton??? Also, check
> out the Nick Safford (???) ales you can get in Thirsk
> where you can also see the James Herriot museum.
>
> And if you want a real LBC road, drive from Leyburn
> west to Hawes, then north up over Buttertubs pass
> to the Tan Hill pub, then down to Arkengathdale.
> Next Spring, here I come again.

Wensleydale Brewery in Carleton--I will write that down.  The rest we have
done, and are much of the reason we are so much in love with North Yorkshire.
We rent a car for the 2 weeks while we are over there and explore the
tourist-less places.  We like to seek out all the ruined Abbeys and the harder
to get
to Standing Stones.  We have seen the Buttertubs and had a brew at the Tan
Hill.  Impressive place--and impressive drive through the sheep farms to get
there.  8^)

--David C.