RE: Completely Original Bugeye for Sale

To: <Editorgary@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Completely Original Bugeye for Sale
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:27:10 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
My 61 blue Bug-I is exactly as you described with the exception that mine
has a recent restored engine and tranny to as close to gold level as I could
get it. You can see pictures of it at Ed's www.JustBrits.com  site under
Worlds largest sprite driver. I couldn't get the $6k asking price and the
engine/tranny cost me more than that, if you don't count my time. That
should set the value of your friend's car.  As to my two bug-I's, I have
made arrangements for them to be Government de-milled (any usable part cut
in 4 pieces) and crushed when I die.  Who said you can't take them with you.
                Crash

In a message dated 5/19/05 2:57:42 PM, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

> In the real world, the car
> as you describe it is probably worth around 8K on the high side.

So that leads to the philosophical question -- what IS the right value for a

Gold Level concours Bugeye Sprite at this time? I'm certainly not going to
accept the idea that ANY running, attractive, original, Bugeye could be
purchased
for $8000 these days, so I'm guessing the right value for a great original
Bugeye must be between that price and $25,000.
Incidentally, note that another Bugeye also sold at that same auction for
$20,000 so that means there were at least three folks who liked Sprites and
had
spent too much time at the bidders' bar at BJ in January.
Cheers
Gary