Re: Carlisle Find of the year

To: "MICHAEL CARPENTER" <MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carlisle Find of the year
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:38:05 -0400
the run group i was in was a very fast group.   at 847cc's i'm not that
fast.  it was very difficult to stay out of trouble with trans am mustangs,
shelby gt350's ,corvettes, the blisteringly fast "select edition" "E" jags
and a few other darn fast cars on course.
recieving the "car of the meet" award was darn neat and getting a third
place in the combined two 1hour enduros i ran was rather shocking as i
thought i was out of the running with 5 other entries in my sub class in
the group.
you just can not imagine being passed on the front straight by the faster
cars when i was already flat out!   it was a bit un-nerving to say the
least!  the jag select drivers congratulated me on my on course conduct
saying "i held my line and i was very predictable"  plus i always pointed
them (as well as evryone else) by wich they apreciated my giving them an
indication where i was going to be allowing their safe passing when i was
in a position to allow them by.   otherwise (wich they did) they had to
file inbehind me and wait for a clean passing place wich i always would
point them by upon getting myself where i wanted to be on course.   the
traffic was fast-fast-fast !  both enduro's left me absolutly soaked in the
car and nearly wrung out to the point of needing to be poured out of the
car!   anyone who concieves driving a slower car on a race course is a
sunday drive in the park is mistaken.    it takes a lot to maximise a small
car.   i'm not saying i'm getting the most "yet" but i am seriously pushing
it's limits !
mike?  where were you spectating?   just wondering wich area you were at.
my sunday cool down lap was the best lap at summit point i EVER had!  with
evryone coming down to track side to cheer and wave at me as i passed!
i've never had an experience like that.....it really was kinda "moving"!

chuck.
darn shame about that big healey loosing it out of the last turn onto the
straight and plowing the tire wall in front of the pit retaining wall!  i
saw that impact and was spectating not far from it!
we now have a tiny kangaroo & koala bear as part of our hospitality table's
decorations for giving one of the aussie sprite owner's a hillclimb shirt
and also were presented with a set of beautifull coasters !