Re: Carlisle Find of the year

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@exit109.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carlisle Find of the year
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:27:10 -0400 reply-type=response
Hi Frank,

I have to say that I created a new tradition this year during import
Carlisle.  I went to Summit Point for the Vintage Races.  Get this . . .
Summit Point didn't even make me buy a useless event magazine with my ticket
and they didn't make me pay for camping over night.  I have to say that this
new tradition just might stick as the last three or four years that I had
gone to Import Carlisle, I have seen it gradually drive itself into the
ground.

It is ironic that Carlisle actually lets ebay advertise and ebay has pretty
much killed Carlisle and will do so into the future.  Did you get any of the
response from sellers when you were bargaining for parts - " well this (fill
in the blank) part would get so much on ebay and that is why my price is
drastically inflated".

I really dread the fact that Import Carlisle has really went down hill as I
had been to every one since the beginning.  I have to say that I fought the
urge to go to Carlisle on sunday but just couldn't get myself to leave the
race track.  I miss the old days when I use to bring home literally
truck-loads of neat parts.

Mike C