Re: CA- no insurance...

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: CA- no insurance...
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:51:27 -0800
Cc: Jacques Le Clainche <hobbycars@cox.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
I just had an accident with my motorcycle in a very similar manner.  I
was following two women in two small Japanese cars when the first one
decides to make a right into a parking lot at the last second.  The
second woman jacks up on her two front wheels and I lock up my front
then rear brake on my 716 pound motorcycle (gets close to 1000 pounds
total with me on it).  I was only going 20-25 MPH, but I slid 25 feet
into her rear bumper taking out a chunk of the plastic cover.  My bike
had $5700 damage.  I just had a new front end put on it.  The woman got
out of her car and said she did not want to call the police or the
insurance company.  Hmmm.  I've been through this before.  When she gets
home her husband will make her call the insurance company and file the
SR-1 with the DMV and I would left out in the cold and in trouble for
not reporting it.  Besides, I have a good job, but I still don't have
enough money to repair a new Harley Davidson.  The whole accident was
witnessed by a female CHP that happened to be behind us.  She did not
want to file anything.  She called the local PD to come out.  When he
got there he said he would not file a report because no one was hurt.  I
could get an "incident report" if I needed one, but no accident report.
Accident reports are only filed when there is an injury.

--
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite