Re: Paint

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>
Subject: Re: Paint
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 22:39:59 -0800
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bud Osbourne wrote:

>As far as galvanizing of body panels, "back in the day": when you consider
>that these cars were made to be used, and then thrown away and replaced with a
>newer model....That the cars have held up as well as they have is purely
>unintentional,

I'm sorry, Bud, but I have to disagree with you there.  Our English
cousins have not been wooed away into the "disposable" society, and
certainly did not have that attitude around 1960.  It has been my
experience that, as a people,  they are far more concerned with getting
value for their money than are we Yanks.  Money has always been so tight
in England, and they don't do a lot of impulse spending.    That their
cars have held up so well over the years is, I believe, a tribute to
their craftsmanship and the public demand for quality in what they were
buying 45 years ago and more!

Buster Evans