Re: Paint

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Paint
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:29:14 -0500
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
b-evans@earthlink.net wrote:
> Is there any concensus on the best primer to use on the Frogeye Sprite.

I use 3 primers.
Etch primer if it's bare metal.
Follow by epoxy primer to seal it up and make it hard.
Then body work over the epoxy primer, and finally a high build
primer/surfacer to make it smooth as glass.

Please note all of the above primers are 2 part catalist types.

> Does anyone have the the formula for Old English White?

My son't buddy just did a Mini in OEW but the color was Wimbleton White.
Looks correct but I did not park it next to anything OEW.

Be sure the primers and paint are of the same brand/system.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ