Re: Paint

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Paint
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:29:12 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>I do not wish to disagree with the statement below, but I would like to
>point out that the characteristics and ingredients used in paint have
>changed considerablely in past 40+ years.  If you mix to the original ICI
>spec you will not get the original colour, it will be close (but no
>cigar!).  You are better to have to coulour matched by using an example of
>the actual colour - if its an actual colour you want.

Now to original colours, there is a variance, by year, month, week, day of
week, batch.  That was how it was done then.  There is a Healey book with
all the BMC paint colours available.  For perfection you may wish to
consult it or contact the appropriate concours facilitator.

Cheers,
Martyn
(PS: 24.5 years with ICI - but my Frogeye does not have ICI paint - the
shop I chose did not use it.)