The sad saga of my 1275 engine back plate continues. To whit....
1) I bought a used one last month. When I cleaned it off with the sand
blaster, I found three cracks in it.
2) Unable to find another, and not wishing to weld it up and take a
chance on the welds breaking later, I took it to the machine shop at
my community college along with $37 worth of new 3/8" steel plate to
get them to cut out a new one using their plasma cutter.
3) Yesterday, they inform me that there was something wrong with the
plasma cutter and
it screwed up the edges of all the major curves on the plate when they cut it.
So.... I am back to square one. I now have 3 back plates....
1) The one for a 948 engine which the PO left me that caused all the trouble
2) The proper 1275 used one with the three cracks in it and
3) The ruined one that the plasma cutter screwed up.
Does anyone have, or can anyone get me a GOOD 1275cc back plate of
some kind so I can put this damned Midget back together??!! I have
everything else and am ready to go.
Jim - disemboweled Midget in Dodge City
1964 R60/2 BMW
1968 MG Midget
1976 R90/6 BMW
1990 K100LT BMW
**Young girl is transported to a surreal landscape where she kills the
first woman she meets and then teams up with 3 strangers to kill
again** - Marin County, CA newspaper TV review for The Wizard of Oz.
Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html
=== Help keep Team.Net on the air
=== unsubscribe/change address requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or try
=== Other lists available at
=== Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
=== Edit your replies!