Re: Ebay Story (Long)

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay Story (Long)
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 18:41:30 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
OTOH, I am quite fond of my Grant steering wheel...
To make a short story long, I picked it up several years ago at the Chicagoland MG Club annual swap meet for $25 or so, brought it home, and found that the Midget I had at the time refused to reliquish the steering wheel it already had. Yes, I know all about pouring hot water in your lap and all those other techniques for removing steering wheels. They just don't work very well when the DPO has beaten the end of the steering column into a mushroom. Very depressing. Then I took another look at my "new" steering wheel and realized that its previous owner had re-drilled the arms to fit a standard MG hub. So, I just un-bolted it from its MG hub, bolted it onto my Midget's MG hub, and we all lived happily ever after. My MG horn button even fits and works. Never ever give up!
I don't think I will tell you about the Mark Donohue steering wheel though...
David Lieb
1972 MG Midget
Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html