Re: 1500 gearbox standing by for a hypoid refresh

To: <stevenm@optonline.net>, <wmgilroy@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: 1500 gearbox standing by for a hypoid refresh
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:49:02 -0700
I've done the pump thing as well.Some auto parts stores sell them with
the gear oil as a set.

This spring, because the basement gnomes seem to have stolen my pump
(read, I'm an idiot and can't remember where I put it), I used a funnel
and a length of hose. You can snake the hose down to the trans from
under the bonnet, and then pour into the funnel and let gravity do its
work. the big parts stores also sell transmission funnels, which is the
same thing, a funnel with a hose.

FWIW, my gearbox was empty recently, and it shifted just fine. It just
made a hell of a racket in any gear but 4th.  So far I'm lucky, i don't
seem to have lunched any needle bearings.

-=Chris