1275 Pistons

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1275 Pistons
From: "Dean Swanson" <d.swanson@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:49:31 -0400
List,

The non-original 1098cc engine in my Sprite died (the top compression ring
on all four pistons [three pistons of one style and one of another] broke
along with the ring groove to the top of the piston).

I figure if I am going to have to spend the money for new pistons and
machine work I would be better off investing the money in rebuilding a 1275.

So, for a stock street 1275 Spridget engine what are the recommended
pistons?

Best suppliers?

I don't know what oversize I will need yet.

Thanks,

Dean Swanson

Holly Springs, NC

'62 A.H. Sprite Mk II