Re: Cats, guns, beer...now add aircraft

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Cats, guns, beer...now add aircraft
From: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:44:13 -0800
>From the Wekipedia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A6M_Zero

Several Zero fighters survived the war and are on display in Japan (in
Aichi, Hamamatsu and Shizuoka), China (in Beijing) and the UK (Duxford). A
number of flyable Zero airframes exist; most have had their engines replaced
with similar American units; only one, the Planes of Fame
Museum<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planes_of_Fame_Museum>'s
example, bearing tail number "61-120" (see external link below) has the
original Sakae
engine.[2]<http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Chino2004/Sampler/index.html>Although
not truly a survivor, the "Blayd" Zero is a reconstruction based on
templating original Zero components recovered from the South Pacific; a
small fraction of parts in the reconstruction are from original Zero landing
gears.[4]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A6M_Zero#_note-2>[5]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A6M_Zero#_note-3>The
aircraft is now on display at the Fargo
Air Museum <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo_Air_Museum> in Fargo, North