RE: Houston, we have a problem

To: "'Jack Laird'" <jlaird237@cox.net>, "'spridgets net'"
Subject: RE: Houston, we have a problem
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 06:48:22 -0500
Jack,

Oil pumps seem to be a bit of a problem these days. I just went thru a stack
of old ones to find the best for a race motor I put together last weekend.
The quality of new pumps varies lot.

They wear on the soft back aluminum case where the steel gears ride on.
There also are different thickness pumps. I've had to clearance the case of
some.

Did you Plastigauge the bearings during assembly? New cam bearings?

WST