Re: [Spridgets] Hello and Kingpin bushings?

To: "Mark A. O'Neil" <mark.a.oneil@Dartmouth.EDU>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hello and Kingpin bushings?
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:45:10 -0700
Mark,
Welcome aboard.  You will find some quirkiness on this list, so get over it.
The first thing I would check on your front end are the two inner A-arm
bushings.  They are at the inner end of the control arm and are (in stock
form) what is called "metalastic":  Rubber around a metal core.  These are
the first things to go, especially if they are tightened up with the
suspension at drop.  Much easier and less expensive than the king pin
bushings (there seem to be only available in sets for both sides with new
king pins.)  And yes, they do require a special reamer to install them
correctly.  We have several list mrmbers who can supply you with what you
need: Peter at WW imports of Madison, Ed of Just Brits, and Paul at
Morrisservice all come to mind.  TRY THEM FIRST.
Now to the imortand bits:
1. Guns
2. Cats.
3. Merchandise from Asia.
4. Should we impeach (insert name of politician here.)

Hal