Re: [Spridgets] roll bars

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] roll bars
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:50:20 -0700
I did (with my wife in the car!). And we're still here. Three things
saved my melon:

1 Headrests
2 worn seat foams
3. I'm 5'8", she's 5'7"

When the car did flip, it had scrubbed off most of its speed, but it was
still moving sideways enough that the windshield frame collapsed. Our
heads were touching the lawn we landed on. I missed the two trees on my
way to the lawn.

I now have a roll bar bolted in, made by Kirk racing products. I don't
recall the dimensions offhand, but they did say it's the same tubing
size they use in their SCCA bars. And it's a good 8-10" above my
headrests.

So that's my comment! :)

-=Chris

Chris King